I just wanted to let everyone know that as I’m approaching finals time blogging will be really sporadic. I am gonna try my best to get reviews up for the books that come out in the beginning of May and I have some scheduled posts for May, but this week and next week blogging will be really sporadic as it’s the last two weeks of classes. But don’t worry, I have things planned, including some giveaways along with reviews, for whenever I find time to actually blog.
- EMERSON COLE. She is awesome. Like legit. She is badass. She even has BROWN BELT to prove it. She is just full of win.
- HOT BOYS. Phew. This book definitely has its fill of hot boys. Particularlly Michael Weaver. Boy, is he fine. I’m legit in love with him and he is a fictional character. There is also Kaleb. I loved Kaleb in a different way, in like an “OMG he is soo adorable way.” But there are plenty of boys for everyone.
- THE ROMANCE. The romance could have gone crazy wrong ,but it is so right. LIKE IT IS PERFECT. There were some epic scenes of sexual tension that had me literally screaming at the book for them to just kiss already. I loved it.
- DOCTOR WHO REFERENCE FOR THE WIN!The doctor who reference kind of like sealed the deal for me loving this book.
Basically if you refrerence the Doctor in any way, shape or form, it’s kind of a done deal that I will love your book because of my love for the Doctor. And this book did that. It is made of WINNING.
- SNARK! Oh my gosh how I love the snark. Em’s personality is just awesome. So full of snarky comebacks that literally had me laughing. Another reason why she is awesome.
- THE FREAKIN PLOT! This book literally kept me on the tip of my toes. I had no idea what to expect or where it was going next. It was a perfect blend of mystery, action, paranormal, Wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff , and awesome. The last like quarter of the book, I swear my mouth was wide open in amazement. It was so freaking fresh and original.
- THE TWISTS! I know I mentioned the plot, but the plot twists deserve their own special recognition. Like wow. I literally did not see most of those twists coming. I actually had to pause in reading after one major twist because I was in such shock. BRAVO MYRA!
- THE WRITING! The writing was just perfect. It captured the essence of each character perfectly, was able to convey humor without feeling forced and just was great.
- THE CHARACTERS. One of the great things about Hourglass is that the characters stay with you. They literally get like trapped in your brain. They are so really and each one (and I mean each character, down to the minor ones) serves and purpose and feels real. The characters are just full of life.
- THE COVER. Look at it. I mean LOOK AT IT. SHE IS LIKE WALKING ON THE WALL. And it’s gonna be even more awesome because it will be SHIMMERY AND SHINEY when it is published. I might caress it a lot when I get it because of the pretty (I am such a creeper)
The winner of the signed Clarity by Kim Harrington is Mary Ellen! Congratulations!